Scarborough Seven

Scarborough Seven
Our Crazy Life

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dear Ice Cream Man,

You and I have a committed relationship. I will always buy ice cream from you because I can remember as a child hearing your music in neighborhood, and rushing frantically to find my parents to see if i could get one. The music is getting louder and louder and that means that you are getting closer and closer. Oh the the stress that you caused me. How am I going to find a parent, get the money and be outside in time as you drive by! I finally find one of my parents only to hear them say, no, you don't need it or I don't have any money(which was a lie, I mean who doesnt have a quarter! Come on!)And then the the disappointment and heartache that had to be endured as I watched you pass by our house and torture of listening to that music get quieter and quieter until you were gone forever! Its not like you came by everyday. Well maybe you did, but I only saw you once every couple weeks. I believe that if I was home at the exact same time that you chose to drive your truck by my house, it was fate. Well sometimes our fate connected, but the bad memories are what i remember most. So you know, I turned out okay without your yummy treats, maybe i didnt them, but that wasn't the point. It was fate, I tell you. God wanted me to have an ice cream. That is why is sent you to MY neighborhood! Anyways, I now have 5 kids and promise to buy something from you as you pass by, but please do not come by everday!!!! I will be listening for you...........





This Is Miss Jayda with Nadine and Jenna today. After buying Jayda her ice cream I turned around and saw them staring at me with puppy dog faces, so i turned around and said, "Okay, 2 more!" Im such a sucker. They live next door. They don't speak English but they do like Ice Cream!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ice cream - the universal love language!

Anonymous said...

I think you turned out O.K.
Mama Valarie had plenty of K.M. to spare in those days and mushrooms growing on the counter. Yum yum. Bet Allison didn't get ice cream either. However I will make sure your kids get all the sugar they want at MY HOUSE. ha ha