Scarborough Seven

Scarborough Seven
Our Crazy Life

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No Facebook




So I decided to cancel my facebook last night. Yikes! I know. I just felt like it was consuming so much of my life. As much as I truly love staying connected with almost 500 people, ( 500, can u believe that? I honestly didnt even a year ago I knew that many people) looking at pictures of newborns, listen to other moms go through life with the same joys, heartache, funny moments, I just needed a break. I felt like a drug addict needing another bump every 5 minutes.

Since I'm mostly home, I use the computer for everything. Running a business, paying bills, watching movies, and "staying connected". I find myself lost in Facebook in the middle of the day or late at night. Not to mention I have Facebook on my phone. So Im constantly checking the many status updates and picture comments that I have become involved with throughout the day. To make matters worse, I get text notifications when someone writes on my wall, comments, or leaves me a message. I wish I could be the person that checks it every few days, but that's just not me. The Fact is I love Facebook too much!

I could see myself neglecting things and people in my life that are so much more important than what's going on, on Facebook! I'm not saying this is permanent, but just a season in my life that I need to re-evaluate what's really important.

No comments: