Scarborough Seven

Scarborough Seven
Our Crazy Life

Monday, January 25, 2010

Red Rover Red Rover

I got to Sub in Jenna's class today! She was so excited this morning when i told her that her teacher called. She was actually suppose to stay home today, to finish up her work from being gone last week to Denver, but decided to go to school when she heard I was taking class.
Her class was well behaved but I learned a valuable lesson today. Although I played Red Rover as a child, it is not exactly the most safe game to play! For PE I divided the class into two groups and had them hold hands and face each other. One team sings the song, while swinging their arms, "Red Rover, Red Rover, Send (Insert Name) Right over!" Before I knew it, kids were getting clothes-lined, their arms were getting hurt, but they were laughing so hard and having so much fun, we just couldn't stop. I thought, "I'm just the sub, I couldn't always play that card! I never knew as a child how much strategy was involved in the game. I also loved the fact that before the game started the girls and boys were "grossed out" about holding hands, and after they started having so much fun, they completely forgot! They learned how to pick, What looked like the weakest person to call over, and then being completely surprised by their strength as the smaller kids broke through their chain of hands. The bigger kids learned to break through the weaker hands..it was super fun to watch!

My favorite part of the day was coming home for lunch. When I left I got 4 "I love you's " as I walked out the door, back to work? Jayson, Jayda, Jackson and Jillian. :)))) How cool is that? I'm so lucky!

No comments: